General Information

Judicial Staff

The Municipal Court Judges are only available during court session times. If you wish to speak with the judge concerning your case, you must appear in court. Any contact with a judge or by a judge, concerning the merits of a pending case or proceeding, outside the presence of all parties or their representatives is considered “Ex Parte” communication.

Administrative Staff

The Municipal Court Clerks are available at the Court Office and may be contacted by telephone at 281-334-5910. The clerks are available to answer questions that you have in reference to your citation or arrest. However, court phones are turned off while court is in session which will delay their ability to assist you. Extensions will not be granted due to court being in session.

The Municipal Court staff does not answer legal questions of any nature. The clerks are allowed to explain court proceedings and procedures only. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney.


Photo identification is required. When you appear in the Court or at the clerk’s window, you will be required to present your valid driver’s license. If you do not have a driver’s license, you must present some form of photo identification. This procedure is designed to prevent identity fraud and ensure proper reporting of criminal convictions to the Department of Public Safety that may impact your driving privileges. Telephone contact is not an appearance on your citation.

Please do not appear the same day you received the citation: Allow at least 2-5 days from the violation date before contacting the court.

Response Date Appearance

The date printed on your citation is a Court Date.

Should you fail to appear in Kemah Municipal Court by the date indicated on your citation, you may come in person to reset it.  

Resetting Your Court Date

A court date may be reset one time without the Judge’s approval. The reset request must be made by the Friday prior to to your scheduled court date, during regular business hours. On your scheduled court date, a reset request will not be granted at the window.  The case must be reset by the Judge in court.


From Houston

From Galveston

From Baytown


Failure to Appear in Court

Failure to appear or failure to pay fines may result in: 

  • Denial of renewal of your Driver’s License
  • The filing of an additional charge of failure to appear and the issuance of a warrant for your arrest

Family Violence Offenses

If you are convicted of a misdemeanor offense involving violence where you are or were a spouse or intimate partner, parent, or guardian of the victim or are or were involved in another similar relationship with the victim, it may be unlawful for you to possess or purchase a firearm, including a handgun or long gun, or ammunition pursuant to federal law under Section 922(g)(9) of Title 18, U.S.C. or Section 46.04(b) Texas Penal Code. 

If you have any questions regarding whether these laws make it illegal for you to possess or purchase a firearm, you should consult with an attorney.

If you are accused of an offense involving family violence, you may not pre-pay your fine in person, by U.S. Mail, or online. You must enter your plea before the Judge in open court.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Public Intoxication Offenses

If you are under the age of 21 and were charged with a tobacco, vaping/e-cigarette, or alcohol related offense, you may not pre-pay your fine in person, by U.S. Mail, or online. You must schedule a court hearing to appear before the Judge.