KEMAH TX - (3.14.20) The City of Kemah realizes that information is rapidly evolving, this is why Mayor Gale, City Council members, Police Chief/City Administrator, Assistant Police Chief, Police Public Information Officer, and the City Communications Director are in regular contact with county and state government officials, and public health authorities.
At this time, here is where we are:
- There is one presumptive positive case from Friendswood who is in self quarantine in Austin.
- All City of Kemah facilities are going through deep cleaning this weekend.
- Playground apparatus in all parks including Cien, Foster and Kemah Oaks is being deep cleaned with a bleach solution and power washing.
- Municipal court has been canceled in supportive of the CDC recommendations.
- If residents or local business affiliates have traveled to a country on the CDC travel advisory list, they will likely be required to self-quarantine for 14 days. Visit www.gchd.org for further recommendations.
Call | Text | E-mail (your choice)
We encourage your family, neighbors and local businesses to sign up on a computer for notifications from the City of Kemah online at:
It is recommended following i45NOW on Facebook as the City of Kemah official news source. Here is the latest news clip, “Just the Facts” with Dr. Keiser from the Galveston County Health District.
Or visit www.gchd.org/coronavirus for more information.
No other updates are anticipated unless new information develops.