New lane closures for the SH146 project:
UPDATED FULL CLOSURES:
- NASA 1 and Main Street in Seabrook will be fully closed to east and west traffic at the intersection of SH146 from 9:00am Thursday 9/22/22 through 5:00AM Friday 9/23/22 and from 9:00am Friday 9/23/22 through 5:00AM Saturday 9/24/22. These closures are for setting panels for spans over Nasa Rd. 2 off duty police officers are anticipated to be used during these closures.
- Detour for NASA 1 eastbound traffic to Main Street: Turn left on Repsdorph, use round-a-bout to go east on E. Meyer Avenue, then take a right on Todville Road continuing south until you reach Main Street.
- Detour for Main Street westbound traffic and SH 146 northbound traffic to NASA 1: Take a right onto SH 146 and head north, u-turn at E. Meyer Avenue, and travel south on SH 146 to NASA 1.
- Detour for SH 146 southbound to Main Street: Head south on SH 146, take a left onto E. Meyer Avenue, take a right at Todville Road and travel south to Main Street.
- NASA 1 between Repsdorph and SH 146 will be limited to local traffic only. All local traffic must turn right at SH 146 and head southbound.
- FM2094 will be continuously closed (both directions) just west of SH146 from 5:00am Tuesday 9/27/22 through 7:00PM Friday 9/30/22. This closure is for installing precast concrete panels on the express bridge. 2 off duty police officers are anticipated to be used during the day and 2 more off duty police officers are anticipated to be used during the night for this closure.
- Detour for traffic on SH146: FM2094 can be accessed by turning west on FM518 until you reach FM2094.
- Detour for traffic on FM2094: SH146 can be reached by traveling west on FM2094, south on FM270, and east on SH96.
- The inside (left) eastbound and westbound lane on FM 2094 will be closed 500 FT west of SH 146 daily from 9:00AM to 3:00PM on 9/20/22 through 9/23/22. This closure is needed to support bridge construction activities. No off duty police officer are anticipated to be used in these closures.
- The outside (right) southbound lane on SH 146 arterial will be closed from 400 FT north of FM 2094 to just south of intersection in Kemah daily from 9:00AM to 3:00PM on Tuesday 9/27/22 through Thursday 9/29/22. This closure is for setting panels on the express bridge. No off duty police officers are anticipated to be used during these closures.
- The inside (left) northbound lane on SH 146 will be closed from Seabrook Circle to Red Bluff Rd daily from 9:00AM to 3:00PM on 9/21/22 through 9/23/22. This closure is for subgrade prep work for drainage. No off duty police officers are anticipated to be used during these closures.
These closures are subject to change if needed due to weather. The closures have been entered into the TxDOT PIO system, and we will notify you of any changes or cancellations.
These closures are subject to change if needed due to weather, and additional notifications regarding changes or cancellations will be posted when made available.
For real time lane-closure and traffic updates, visit Houston TranStar or download their app from the App Store or Google Play.
SH146.com is an information source for project and construction updates. While the website is maintained by the Cities of Kemah and Seabrook, the expansion project is managed by TxDOT and their team.