New lane closures for the SH146 project:
- NASA 1 and Main Street in Seabrook will be fully closed to east and west traffic at the intersection of SH146 daily from 2:00 am to 12:00 pm, Tuesday 8/23/22 through Friday 8/26/22. This closure is for bridge deck operations on the southbound express bridge. 2 off-duty police officers are anticipated to be used during these closures.
- Detour for NASA 1 eastbound traffic to Main Street: Turn left on Repsdorph, use round-a-bout to go east on E. Meyer Avenue, then take a right on Todville Road, continuing south until you reach Main Street.
- Detour for Main Street westbound traffic and SH 146 northbound traffic to NASA 1: Take a right onto SH 146, head north, u-turn at E. Meyer Avenue, and travel south on SH 146 to NASA 1.
- Detour for SH 146 southbound to Main Street: Head south on SH 146, take a left onto E. Meyer Avenue, take a right at Todville Road, and travel south to Main Street.
- NASA 1 between Repsdorph and SH 146 will be limited to local traffic only. All local traffic must turn right at SH 146 and head southbound.
TRAFFIC PATTERN CHANGE:
- SH-146 southbound main lane traffic will merge onto the newly constructed SH-146 southbound frontage road just south of FM-2094, and SH-146 northbound traffic will be shifted to the west from the current traffic configuration.
Beginning on Friday night, 8/26/22, at 9:00 PM, southbound traffic will be shifted to the newly constructed roadway just south of FM2094 and north of SH-96. SH-146 northbound lanes will be shifted to the west of the current traffic configuration. Two lanes of travel will be maintained in both directions during this phase. FM-2094 and FM-518 intersections will continue to remain open unless intersection closures are needed for ongoing construction activities. Bel Road intersection will be opened and functional once the traffic shift is completed.
These closures are subject to change if needed due to weather. The closures have been entered into the TxDOT PIO system, and we will notify you of any changes or cancellations.
These closures are subject to change if needed due to weather, and additional notifications regarding changes or cancellations will be posted when made available.
For real time lane-closure and traffic updates, visit Houston TranStar or download their app from the App Store or Google Play.
SH146.com is an information source for project and construction updates. While the website is maintained by the Cities of Kemah and Seabrook, the expansion project is managed by TxDOT and their team.