The City of Kemah continues to monitor the SH-146 Highway Expansion Project developments and their impacts on city operations, visitors, and the citizens of Kemah. As we continue to track these developments, now is a good time to prepare alternative travel plans.
In addition, for real time lane-closure and traffic updates, visit Houston TranStar or download their app from the App Store or Google Play.
The Texas Department of Transportation has produced the following information:
- The outside (right) southbound lane on SH146 will be closed between Capri Lane and 10th Street / Shipyard Drive in Seabrook 9:00pm to 5:00am on the nights of 10/8/21 and 10/9/21. This closure is for setting concrete girders on the Express Bridge. 5 off duty police officers are anticipated to be used in this closure.
- The outside (right) eastbound lane on NASA Road 1 at SH146 will be closed during this time to match the lane configuration of the closure listed above.
**SEE NEW CLOSURE FOR MAIN STREET IN SEABROOK**
- Main Street in Seabrook will be fully closed (both directions) just east of SH146 9:00pm Friday 10/15/21 through 9:00pm Friday 10/22/21. This closure is to demolish the existing paving and re-pave using fast track concrete. Off-duty police officers will be used at Main Street and Repsdorph Road / E Meyer Avenue in varying amounts depending on the traffic flows.
- See attached map for official detours.
- Detour for traffic on NASA Road 1: Main Street can be accessed by turning north on SH146, east on E Meyer Avenue, then south on Todville Road until you reach Main Street. Alternatively, traffic coming from further west can turn north on Repsdorph Road, turn east at the roundabout, then follow the signs to Todville and then Main.
- Detour for traffic on SH146: Main Street can be accessed by turning east on E Meyer Avenue, then south on Todville Road until you reach Main Street.
- Detour for traffic on Main Street: SH146 can be accessed by heading east on Main Street, turning north on Todville Road, then turning west on E Meyer Avenue until you reach SH146.
- FM518 will be fully closed (both directions) just west of SH146 5:00am Thursday 10/14/21 through 5:00am Friday 10/15/21, and 5:00am Monday 10/18/21 through 5:00am Tuesday 10/19/21. This closure is for work on a cap for the Express Bridge. 2 off duty police officers are anticipated to be used in this closure.
- Detour for traffic on SH146: FM518 can be accessed by turning west on SH96, then north on FM270 until you reach FM518.
- Detour for traffic on FM518: turn south on Kemah Avenue, then east on Bel Road. (Kemah Avenue also known as Evergreen Memorial Parkway. Bel Road also known as Ralph Gordy Avenue)
i. An alternate detour will be set up for traffic coming from further west: SH146 can be reached by traveling south on FM270 and then east on SH96.
Please note that these closures are subject to change if needed due to weather, and additional notifications regarding changes or cancellations will be posted when made available.
SH146.com is an information source for project and construction updates. While the website is maintained by the Cities of Kemah and Seabrook, the expansion project is managed by TxDOT and their team.
Thank you for your attention to this matter and please stay safe!