Garbage and Recycling Collection
AmeriWaste is the City's waste removal contractor. For any comments, questions, or complaints, they can be contacted via the AmeriWaste customer service office at 281-331-8400.
AmeriWaste looks forward to providing exceptional service in the City of Kemah. The following is an outline of services to be provided along with Their collection policies:
Daily routes run from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Items must be out for collection by 7:00 a.m.
Your pickup days are Monday and Thursday.
- All household waste will be collected at the curb. Containers must be visible from the street. Observed Holidays are New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. If your pickup day falls on an observed holiday, your pickup will resume on your next regularly scheduled pickup day.
Heavy Trash is collected on Thursday at the curb; limit 2 items.
- Appliances, furniture, mattresses, and similar items may be placed curbside for collection, provided they do not exceed 50 pounds and may require additional fees. We cannot go onto private property to remove any items. Appliances that contain refrigerant must be drained and tagged by a certified refrigerant recycler before disposal. Water heaters need to be drained.
- Sheetrock, concrete, lumber, bricks, or similar items are considered construction debris and may require additional fees. Please contact AmeriWaste Customer Service Office to have these items picked up.
Curbside Collection of Green Waste (Cans, Bags & Bundles) is provided twice a week on Monday and Thursday limited to a combination of six (6) cans, bags, and/or bundles per week.
- Branches and twigs must be cut, bundled, and tied. The bundles may not exceed 5 feet in length or 18 inches in diameter.
- Bundles must not exceed 50 lbs. in weight.
Curbside Recycle is collected on Tuesday
- Recycled products can be combined in recycling containers. The following items may be placed in the container:
Glass, Plastics, Cardboard, Paper Products & Aluminum Cans
- AmeriWaste has provided an easy-to-read matrix of items that can and cannot be recycled and additional details. It can be found on this flyer (PDF). Please feel free to download it for future reference.
If you have any questions, or to schedule pickup of debris that does not meet the above requirements, please call the AmeriWaste customer service office at 281-331-8400.